Who is Rosie Emerson?
Born from the verdant greens of Dorset in the South West UK, Emerson pursued an artistic career that felt like a natural progression for her, most of her family having also pursued creative paths. This deep-rooted involvement with nature from such an early age is so clear in her works while maintaining an urban edge. The soft silhouettes of her models echo vegetal forms in their elegance, such as a swaying tree branch or a tall and wilting flower, furthered by the sawdust and charcoal that Emerson often finishes her prints with. Emerson confirms natural forms as one of her main influences, along with silhouettes and the rambling treasure troves in the V&A Museum.
Having first discovered printmaking when studying Fine Art at Kingston University in 2004, Emerson found great appeal in printmaking; the ability to layer, combine mediums, source new techniques and rediscover traditional ones fit so well with her layered and textural style. Her ability to utilise more traditional subject matter in a totally unique way is what has attracted publications such as Vogue and The Sunday Times to feature her works, and enabled her to exhibit internationally.
Rosie Emerson's Artwork
- Rosie Emerson 'Amber Le Bon' Make your wall happy Sold Out +
- Rosie Emerson 'Blood Roses' Bow Bells £880.00 +
- Rosie Emerson 'Enigma II' DREAM OF THE STARS £3,600.00 +
- Rosie Emerson 'Falcon' GO ON AN ADVENTURE £440.00 +
- Rosie Emerson 'Marlene Dietrich #5' Dare to be different Sold Out +
- Rosie Emerson 'Model No. 10' EXPLORE THE DEEPEST JUNGLE £175.00 +
- Rosie Emerson 'Ophelia III' Live East £125.00 +
- Rosie Emerson 'Paradiso' Columbia Road £880.00 +
- Rosie Emerson 'Shrine #1' Dive in my son £295.00 +