Nelly Duff is looking for a friendly, well-organised person to join our lovely team!
One of the most important departments of the Columbia Road gallery, along with day to day sales and general gallery tasks, the Framing Assistant will oversee all framing administration between the gallery and the workshop, and customer service management relating to frames. This role would suit a candidate looking to further their career in the gallery sector who is motivated by craftsmanship, sales and proficient at administration.
Overview of role:
- Framing Design & Innovation
- Social media documenting of the dpeartment
- Managing the administration and dispatch of all artworks to our framing workshop.
- Being the first point of contact with our framing workshop.
- Ensuring all frames are completed within a timely manner and are in perfect condition on arrival.
- Managing frame storage between the gallery and our off-site storage facility for both customer and gallery artworks.
- Ensuring the correct logging of orders/frames in our online system.
- Financial maintenance of the department, including checking invoices against retail prices and regularly auditing the department to ensure profitability and looking for areas where we can increase revenue.
- Use our CRM system to deal with customer enquiries, generally relating to framing but will partake in the shared responsibility of responding to general customer sales enquiries.
- Carry out their tasks alongside the day to day running of the gallery and carrying out general customer sales.
- Ensuring the gallery has the correct level of packing materials/office supplies etc, the framing assistant will take responsibility for ordering the above.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience using excel, google sheets etc to manage high volumes of data.
- Be motivated by improving the financial viability of their department, as well as using their organisational skills to ensure it’s run smoothly.
- Be adept at multi-tasking and managing their inbox efficiently.
- Have experience with customer facing roles and CRM systems.
- Have a strong interest in the contemporary / urban arts.
- Have ambition to pursue a career in gallery administration/management.
- Be able to work at least one weekend day every week and be flexible with your schedule to allow for occasional late openings etc.
- Have experience with framing consultations. (Preferred but non-essential, we will provide training)
Terms of employment:
- Position offered at London Living Wage with potential to increase pending a 6-month probation period and performance review. We also have a yearly bonus structure in place as well as some other exciting staff benefits!
- 5 days a week, 9am-6pm on weekdays with one weekend day every week
To apply for this role, please contact [email protected] with your cover letter and CV.
Deadline for applications: 22.06.2021