1. Why won’t the site let me add a print to my basket?So you’ve found your dream print, but you can’t add it to your basket… not to worry! Most likely it is the last edition and is framed in the gallery, or it requires specialist shipping. If you refresh the page and it still won’t let you add the print to your basket, drop us an email or give us a call and we will create an order for you manually here at the gallery.
2. What is your framing timescale?Our framing cycle runs from Tuesday to Tuesday which is when we send off your artwork and receive frames back from the previous week. So, if you ordered something to be framed on Monday, it would go to the workshop on Tuesday and be back the following Tuesday. However, if your artwork is particularly large, or requires specialist framing it can take an extra week or two.
3. I haven’t made up my mind yet, can I reserve an artwork?Absolutely! To reserve an artwork, we require a refundable deposit of 50%, which can be paid in store or over the phone. We will hold your reserved work for one month before you make your decision to go for it or not, so no pressure!
4. The print I want is out of stock, will you get more?Although an edition might say is it made up of 100 prints, the artist might not necessarily print all of them out at once, or we might just not have all of them at the gallery. In these circumstances we would list the print as being out of stock to avoid timing disappointment, so it is always worth dropping us an email or phone call to double check! Of course we do sell a large proportion of limited edition prints, so if they are confirmed as being out of stock, it means the edition has come to an end, and will not be sold again.
5. I’m an artist and would love to work with Nelly Duff, can I show you my work?Sure thing! We are always on the hunt for talented artists. The best thing to do is drop us an email with some pictures of your work, a link to your website/social media and why you want to work with us to [email protected]. We receive a high volume of submissions, so don’t be miffed if we can’t get back to you right away!
6. I ordered some prints online, how long will they take to get to me?We aim to dispatch all online orders as soon as we can, on the day of purchase or the day after. If you are UK based, you can choose from either Royal Mail recorded delivery (2-3 days) or Guaranteed Next Day delivery before 1pm (available for orders placed before 3pm) If you are based outside of the UK, we offer standard Royal Mail international shipping, lead times are as follows: Europe (EU) – 1-2 weeks (allow for 3) USA – 1 – 2 weeks (allow for 4) Rest Of World – 1 – 3 weeks (allow for 4) Hopefully your artwork will be with you as quickly as possible, but sometimes works can get a little held up in customs etc. For this reason we ask you please wait the maximum lead time until contacting us about missing deliveries. On dispatch we will email you with a tracking number for your prints, so feel free to follow their journey.
7. I never received a confirmation email, did my order go through?When we receive an order, you will get an automatic confirmation of your purchase. Because it is an automated email, sometimes it can end up in junk/spam folders, so have a look there too! If you still can’t find your confirmation email, drop us a line or give us a call and we can re-send one for you, just be sure to check with us that we have your correct email address first.
8. I am looking to sell some artwork that I bought from Nelly Duff previously/by artists Nelly Duff is interested in, do you buy individual works?Unfortunately we don’t buy works on consignment, and stick to selling editions from our own artists. If you are looking to sell works, we recommend artnet, or even ebay!
9. I have a Banksy that I would like to sell, where do I start, and can you do it for me?We do sell Banksys on consignment, so the best place to start is by dropping us an email or giving us a call so we know where to begin. All Banksy works must be authenticated by Pest Control, so if your work doesn’t have a COA, we recommend you gain that first. We offer full valuations for £150 if you aren’t sure what to price your work at, and from then on we can handle it.
10. I want a print but it says that the last one is framed in the gallery, can I buy the print without the frame?All our frames are made bespoke for every artwork in our framing workshop, so once one has been framed, it has to stay in the frame, but be sure to double check with us by giving us a call or an email before giving up hope!
11. Can you ship framed works?Yes and no… We can courier framed artworks within London, however outside of London we can’t ship framed artworks with Royal Mail as they are too fragile. However, we can ship framed artworks regardless of size/shape with our specialist art couriers for just these occasions! To ship framed artworks, we have to build a custom crate to protect the frame, and then we can ship internationally. To get a quote for shipping your framed artwork, just give us an email or give us a call and we can offer an approximate quote for shipping your frame.
12. What do you mean when you say a print is an A/P, P/P or Handfinished?Ok, lets start with A/P. A/P stands for ‘Artist’s proof’ and is a small number of prints that are the first ones printed deemed good enough by the artist. Usually the number of A/Ps is about 10% of the size of the main edition, and this mini-edition can be numbered or not. The same goes for P/Ps, which stand for ‘printers proof’, which, as above, is the first few prints that the printer deems satisfactory. Usually A/Ps and P/Ps are not available for purchase until the main edition sells out, but this is not always the case across the board. Now, onto handfinishing. Essentially, it means that the artist has painted/drawn on top of a print. When we publish editions at Nelly Duff we love to release a small run of handfinished prints alongside the main edition, so you have to opportunity to purchase what is really an original work for a fraction of the price of what a conventional original work would usually be. Like A/Ps or P/Ps, there is only a very small number of handfinished editions available, so they really are incredibly special. Handfinishing varies from artist to artist, whilst one might paint entirely over their print, another might add a small touch of colour, or gold leaf to their edition. Finally, it is important to remember that the value of handfinishing is not determined by the amount of paint the artist has added, but the care and thought that has gone into this incredibly exclusive micro-edition by the artists themselves.
13. Do the prices of your artworks and frames include VAT?We operate on the margin scheme, which exempts out artists from paying VAT so they can afford to keep producing brilliant art, so VAT connot be claimed back from Nelly Duff artworks.
14. Can I get a discount on my piece of art?To keep our prices fair for everyone, we do not offer discounts on artworks or frames, and instead keep our margins as small as possible to ensure everyone gets a fair price, including the artists.
15. I am an artist, how can I submit my own artwork?If you would like to submit your own artwork for consideration, please send information on your art and practice to our dedicated submissions email [email protected]. Please consider Nelly Duff’s core practice as publisher & seller of handmade editions, supporting traditional techniques. Due to the large volume of submissions received, we ask you not to bring your work directly to the gallery until you have introduced yourself via email. We will then contact you to organise a meeting in person, we always try to respond to all submissions.
16. Do you ship framed artworks?Nelly Duff is unable to perform local delivery of framed artworks- however you are more than welcome to arrange a courier collection direct from the gallery. In this case, please contact us to confirm the courier company name, date & time of collection and final destination of the artwork. A custom quote for framed artworks to be packed and shipped further a field and internationally by our trusted art handlers can be supplied upon request.
17. What sort of framing do you offer?The Nelly Duff workshop specialises in ‘archival’ grade framing, which is practiced as standard throughout the gallery. Only acid- free mounting materials are used and all timber used is sustainably sourced. The gallery offers a range of bespoke framing options- from the minimal elegance of a window mounted-box frame, to vibrant perspex cases- all custom made and tailored to your individual requirements. Nelly Duff is happy to frame both artworks purchased at the gallery, or from your own collection. Please contact [email protected] to schedule a framing consultation.
18. Do you charge VAT?Yes, VAT is included in the cost of all products sold at the Nelly Duff gallery- both online and instore.
19. How will my artwork be shipped?Nelly Duff ships artworks daily across the world. Each piece is carefully prepped by gallery staff, wrapped in acid free tissue and packed within a specially designed, reinforced tube appropriate to the artwork size and medium. If an unframed artwork is unsuitable for rolling, this will be indicated on the website and the cost of flat-packed shipping automatically added to your order. Artworks are shipped via Royal Mail’s first class signed-for service, as soon as your artworks ships we will send you a tracking number so that your order can be tracked throughout transit and signed for upon arrival. A next day delivery option within the UK is available for clients with a tighter deadline. If you have any concerns or queries regarding artwork shipping, including additional quotes if you would specifically like your artwork flat packed, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected]
20. Can I claim VAT back on my purchases?Unfortunately we are not permitted to deduct VAT from purchases by non EU residence.
21. How do I know that I’m buying a genuine Banksy?Nelly Duff only sells Banksy artworks certified with a COA from Pest Control. If the piece is not supplied with this paperwork, we would be happy to contact Pest Control on your behalf to initiate the process of certification.
22. Will I receive a certificate of authenticity with my artwork?Each time you purchase a limited edition Nelly Duff artwork, you will be issued with a unique certificate to authenticate and certify the artwork’s provenance. Each Nelly Duff C.O.A should display the artist and artwork name, and be signed and dated by a member of the Nelly Duff team. If the artwork purchased is one of an edition, the piece’s unique edition number will be displayed. If the artwork is an original piece, it should be indicated as such. Certificates of authenticity are very important to retain should you wish to re-sell the artwork in the future. If the piece is shipped direct to you, your C.O.A will be packed with the artwork. If you do not receive a C.O.A. please do not hesitate to get in contact via [email protected]