Ian McDonnell is a master of observation and detailed documentation, treating each of his artworks like an anthropological study. Yet while his work is immersed in contextual information and fact, it is always treated with a signature sympathetic humour.
Ian was born in London, after graduating from London College of Printing he went on to work in New York and Los Angeles, since 2005 he has been happily living and working in London.
Ian Mcdonnell's Process
Mcdonnell engages in in-depth research prior to each project he undertakes, in order that he can fully, truly understand his subjects.
The artist’s sell out ‘When we had Cows’ and greatly popular ‘When we had Pigs’ and ‘Chicken & Egg’ editions each feature hot foil detailing to highlight prime details.
Mcdonnell is expert in constructing complex layers within each work, whether using screen-printing, litho-proofing press or hot foiling. The artist also displays an unparalleled understanding of paper, colour and texture.
Ian Mcdonnell's Artwork
- Ian McDonnellWhen we had Pigs – Yellow / HaySold Out
- Ian McDonnellMonkeys go to heaven – Straw£95.00
- Ian McDonnellThe Chicken or the Egg – Speckled£95.00
- Ian McDonnellThe Chicken or the Egg – Speckled (a/p)£95.00
- Ian McDonnellThe Chicken or the Egg – Egg Box£95.00
- Ian McDonnellThe Chicken or the Egg & Egg Box (a/p)£95.00
- Ian McDonnellThe Chicken or the Egg – Gold EggSold Out
- Ian McDonnellBlack Sheep£95.00
- Ian McDonnellCream Sheep£95.00
- Ian McDonnellWhen we had Pigs – Pink / Ham (A/P) – ARCHIVE£125.00
- Ian McDonnellWhen we had Pigs – Yellow / Hay (A/P)£95.00
- Ian McDonnellPlenty More Fish – Chip WrapperSold Out
- Ian McDonnellPlenty More Fish – Deep Sea£95.00
- Ian McDonnellPlenty More Fish – River Catch£95.00
- Ian McDonnellPlenty More Fish – Seaweed£95.00
- Ian McDonnellWhen We Had Cows – Milk Bottle£95.00
- Ian McDonnellWhen We Had Cows – Arable Pasture£95.00
- Ian McDonnellPlanting The Seed Roasted Parsnip – Gold£95.00
- Ian McDonnellPlanting the Seed Roasted Parsnip – Silver£95.00
- Ian McDonnellPlanting the Seed Starchy White£95.00
- Ian McDonnellPlanting the Seed Compost Heap£95.00