Taking his alias from the angry teenage angst-ridden period after splitting with his first love at the tender age of 18, the iconic Rowdy is back for more at Nelly Duff. A founding member of the infamous Burning Candy Crew, along with equally recognised cohorts Sweet Toof and Cyclops, Rowdy is a shining example of an artist maintaining a passion for street art throughout his career, and for his hometown Bristol. Only recently while the rest of the UK was barricaded inside against the raging snow, Rowdy took to the M1 in the dead of night to paint one of his signature tropes, a 10ft cat on a motorway wall.
Known mostly for his crocodiles, which can be found in almost every location known for street art UK-wide (and beyond), Rowdy also channels his passion for colour, humour and observation into smaller, original paintings that embody his vibrancy with all the elegance of traditional fine art paintings. New to Nelly this week are his landscape originals that are both incredibly sought after by urban art collectors as well as the street art aficionados who have avidly followed his impressive and varied career since 1992. Contrasting nicely with his heavily graphic and bold graffiti work, these abstract pieces illustrate the variety and range in which Rowdy can excel in while maintaining all of the brightness and humour found in his street work.
New original works and printed editions from Rowdy will be releasing 31st March at 11am in store and online.
The Artist's Artwork
- RowdyMagnetic Moon – FramedSold Out
- RowdyBoozers CreekSold Out
- RowdyDesert TongueSold Out
- RowdyCruisers CreepSold Out
- RowdyCresent Highlight TropicSold Out
- RowdyCresent TropicSold Out
- RowdyCresent HorizonSold Out
- RowdyMellow SmilerSold Out
- RowdyLittle Ripper£140.00
- RowdyWide Tropic£200.00
- RowdyLime MellowSold Out
- RowdyApple Horizon£160.00
- RowdySnow Mellow£180.00
- RowdyDart HeartSold Out
- RowdyHomerton ‘Original’£950.00
- RowdyPicton Lane – Original£840.00
- RowdyNoire Noire – Original£950.00