The Toasters initially appeared in 1999, adding their iconic emblem to Royal Mail Special Delivery stickers which were pasted across the city. Indeed, these striking stickers were lovingly placed on anything that wasn’t a parcel, and so began the classic Toaster project.
Masters of appropriation, the Toaster collective have have subverting the image of Britain’s treasured breakfast appliance, abstracted on a multitude of street surfaces, murals, banners across the globe.. if you’re lucky, a street near you.
The Toaster collective are a technical wildcard, producing artworks in a range of materials- primarily stencil & aerosol, collage and screen print.
The Toaster’s immaculately executed imagery has translated fantastically into a range of limited edition screen prints, as well as original pieces on canvas such as ‘Still Life with Toaster’. Here the age old tradition of still life painting is turned on its head via the ingenious manipulation of the collective’s iconic emblem.
- The Toaster There’s A Circus In Our Town £80.00
- The Toaster Toaster Classics Gold No 2 (A/P) Sold Out
- The Toaster Toaster Clasic Gold No 4 (A/P) £95.00
- The Toaster Bird box (Orange, large) Sold Out
- The Toaster Toaster & space3 Canvas Sold Out
- Orange classic 6 (p/p) Sold Out
- The Toaster Faster, Higher, Toaster AP £100.00
- The Toaster Orange Classic 3 AP Sold Out
- The Toaster Orange Classic 3 P/P Sold Out
- The Toaster Orange classics 7 (A/P) Sold Out
- The Toaster Orange classics 7 (P/P) Sold Out
- The Toaster Toaster Classics No 4 (A/P) Sold Out
- The Toaster Toaster Classics – Grey BG/White F/ Black Key (A/P) Sold Out
- The Toaster Toaster Classics – White BG/ Black Key/ Orange Fill – 3 Colour Crosses on Copper Sold Out