Nelly Duff is looking for a friendly, well-organised Production Assistant who is passionate about print to join our lovely team!
As an edition house that champions the making of high quality limited editions, the role of Production Assistant is integral to the success of Nelly Duff’s releases. We publish and release between two and four limited editions a month, mixed in with editions provided by artists and original works that require photography, storage and logging in our online stock system which requires a high level of organisation and effective time management. Working with our director, you will be involved in each part of the production process, and a strong creative vision alongside an understanding of print processes is necessary to bring out the best in this role.
Overview of role:
- Coordinating with artists and print studios during the production stage of new editions.
- Working with our director to establish a yearly print release schedule in line with our budgets and to hit financial targets.
- Tracking and logging all expenses directly related to print publishing.
- Organising, tracking and efficiently reporting back on all stages of the production process from inception to release.
- Managing the safe storage of editions in both our studio space and the gallery.
- Uploading and managing editions and products to our CMS.
- Photographing and editing new artworks.
- Creating new product pages.
- Working alongside the gallery team supporting general sales and gallery maintenance.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photo editing within Photoshop is essential)
- Have experience working with limited editions or in the print production process.
- Be passionate about working with print and the contemporary urban art scene, and aware of the current artists within our roster.
- Be confident in working towards multiple deadlines and managing your time effectively.
- Have experience using project management and CRM software/tools (i.e. Trello, Slack, Google Spaces, Zendesk)
- Be adept at managing large levels of data/files within online storage systems (i.e. images in dropbox)
- Have experience using CMS, particularly WordPress if applicable.
- Be looking to pursue a career in the contemporary gallery scene and the publishing of high quality limited editions.
- Be visually and creatively motivated, detail orientated to help assure the quality of our published editions.
- Have experience handling artworks and editions.
- Alongside the above, have previous retail/hospitality experience that will inform the sales part of this role.
- The above list (aside from photoshop and some basic print experience) are all ideals, and we are very happy to offer training to candidates who are looking to add the above points to their skills.
Terms of employment:
- Position offered at London Living Wage with potential to increase pending a 6-month probation period and performance review.
- 5 days a week with one weekend day every week.
- Week is split between our Columbia Road gallery and Hackney Wick studio.
The good bits:
- Annual bonus and in store spending allowance.
- Potential for travel and working directly with leading international and UK artists.
- One free published edition a year.
- Working with a brilliant and passionate small team (that’s us!) in one of London’s most beautiful areas.
- Fancy coffee machine in the kitchen.
To apply for this role, please contact [email protected] with your cover letter and CV.
Deadline for applications: 04.02.22
GOOD LUCK! We can’t wait to meet you…