Who is Andrew J Millar?
Andrew Millar, born in 1983 is a British artist whose main body of work focuses on the portrait.
Early on he became fascinated by various print processes as well as photography. It was only a matter of time until the autodidact came about the classic and almost forgotten Polaroid film more than a decade ago. He has since been pushing the limits and exploring the manipulative potential of this light sensitive material for his collages. He applies leaf of precious metals and sometime’s acrylic colour in the finishing process by hand, thereby creating a unique piece with each artwork.
Millar is taking his visual elements from countless sources, then combining these in quiet, sometimes somber, surreal duo-chromatic portraits. There is definite elegance to his detailed works, which make them seem like classic orthodox icons of anonymous saints or posters of forgotten movies and heroines.
In recent years Andrew Millar’s work has become increasingly popular and his talent has earned him international recognition with solo exhibitions in Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona, New York, and London.
Andrew J Millar's Artwork
- Andrew J Millar 'Setting Sun' Well hello beautiful £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'I See Now' Don't think, feel £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Fractured – Platinum & 24ct gold leaf' Love £150.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'A Thousand Dreams' Breathe £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Echo' Love £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'The Things That Fall Away Screen Print' EXPLORE THE DEEPEST JUNGLE £345.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'The Things That Fall Away' The breath of life £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Until Tomorrow Comes' Live East +
- Andrew J Millar 'Where Shadow Chases Light' GO ON AN ADVENTURE £650.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Under Daylights Wing' CLIMB A MOUNTAIN £650.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Fulfilled – Screenprint' Have a Goosey Gander £300.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Under Daylights Wing – Original' Make your wall happy £750.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'The Light Grows' Well hello beautiful £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'The Flowers Whirl Away' FLY TO THE MOON £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Lucid Dreaming Screenprint' Live East £300.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Until You Arrive' If £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Death Mask' SAIL THE HIGH SEAS £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Fractured Gold Leaf Screenprint' East End £250.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Hidden Shadows 24ct Gold Leaf' Dare to be different £100.00 +
- Andrew J Millar 'Twist The Light 24ct Gold Leaf' Life £100.00 +