Who is Dan Hillier?
Dan Hillier has developed a unique style, combining Victorian sensibilities with a fascination for animal attributes. His work is characterized by depictions of fantastical human/animal hybrids, spliced together with late-1800s imagery.
Hillier’s beautiful, classically rooted images find their power in their unsettling effect, as they seamlessly blur distinctions normally implied by reality. The artist’s previous exhibitions include shows at the Saatchi gallery, the ICA and more recently, The Louvre.
Dan Hillier first experimented with foil block for his sell-out editions ‘Father & Son -Bronzeage’ and subsequent ‘Stag -Bronzeage’ artwork. He has most recently used this magical mode of printing for his forthcoming ‘Suit’ & ‘Falls’ editions.
This metallic detail is added to each artwork via the creation of a custom made metal die. A metallic foil is then laid across the surface and embossed at heat into the paper stock, creating a fantastic level of detail which is indented into the artwork itself.
Dan Hillier's Artwork
- Dan Hillier 'Night’s Dream 24ct Gold Leaf' Dive in my son £395.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Night’s Dream Silver Leaf' Shine Bright £395.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Ellipsis' TAME A WILD ANIMAL £425.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Akasha' Have a Goosey Gander £495.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Colibri' The breath of life £250.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Origin' Live East £595.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Ellipsis XL' Love £595.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Colibri XL' Follow Your Dreams £450.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Undreamt' Make your wall happy £350.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Temple Of The Way Of Light' Bow Bells £450.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Field' FLY TO THE MOON £250.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Night’s Dream' SAIL THE HIGH SEAS £450.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Molecule' Well hello beautiful £275.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Centre' Well hello beautiful £370.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Aperture' FLY TO THE MOON £240.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Throne' SAIL THE HIGH SEAS £370.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Meta' Dive in my son £295.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Wayfarer' Flower Market £220.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'Our Lady of the Everything' Let's have a Butchers £350.00 +
- Dan Hillier 'For A.E.' SAIL THE HIGH SEAS £270.00 +