Who is Phil Ashcroft?
Phil Ashcroft aka. Phlash cites British landscape painting, Japanese woodcuts and Marvel comics among his influences. Each are clearly visible in the artist’s output of surreal landscape scenes that display the graphic forms and customary cropping of Japanese woodcut and comic book cells alike.
In line with the his signature ‘Yeti’ motif, Ashcroft has worked on projects for the British Film Institute’s re-release of the classic movie ‘Godzilla’, alongside commissions for Amnesty, Nike and Sony PSP. In 2010 he painted live at Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall as a member of ‘The Scrawl Collective’ as part of the 10th anniversary of independent art initiative, ‘No Soul for Sale’.
In 2014 he was a finalist in the prestigious John Moores Painting Prize, held at The Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool and his first book ‘Solar System Parameters’ was published by Gamma Proforma.
Phil Ashcroft's Artwork
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji Silver foil A/P' GO ON AN ADVENTURE £100.00 +
- Phlash 'Daiichi (3rd Version)' Life £1,925.00 +
- Phlash 'Cave Painting (Ramsey 5)' Shine Bright £1,650.00 +
- Phlash 'Five Past Midnight' TAME A WILD ANIMAL £150.00 +
- Phlash 'Oligarth' JOIN THE CIRCUS £25.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji Yellow' Make your wall happy £100.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti shooting star – (tbc)' SAIL THE HIGH SEAS £200.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji magenta' If £200.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mount fuji XIII (moonlit)' Follow Your Dreams £75.00 +
- Phlash 'Krypton' Life £130.00 +
- Phlash 'Day of the yeti' DREAM OF THE STARS £100.00 +