Who is Phil Ashcroft?
Phil Ashcroft aka. Phlash cites British landscape painting, Japanese woodcuts and Marvel comics among his influences. Each are clearly visible in the artist’s output of surreal landscape scenes that display the graphic forms and customary cropping of Japanese woodcut and comic book cells alike.
In line with the his signature ‘Yeti’ motif, Ashcroft has worked on projects for the British Film Institute’s re-release of the classic movie ‘Godzilla’, alongside commissions for Amnesty, Nike and Sony PSP. In 2010 he painted live at Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall as a member of ‘The Scrawl Collective’ as part of the 10th anniversary of independent art initiative, ‘No Soul for Sale’.
In 2014 he was a finalist in the prestigious John Moores Painting Prize, held at The Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool and his first book ‘Solar System Parameters’ was published by Gamma Proforma.
Phil Ashcroft's Artwork
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji Silver foil A/P' Breathe £100.00 +
- Phlash 'Daiichi (3rd Version)' Breathe £1,925.00 +
- Phlash 'Cave Painting (Ramsey 5)' Flower Market £1,650.00 +
- Phlash 'Five Past Midnight' Well hello beautiful £150.00 +
- Phlash 'Oligarth' TAME A WILD ANIMAL £25.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji Yellow' You Are Here £100.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti shooting star – (tbc)' Follow Your Dreams £200.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji magenta' Life £200.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mount fuji XIII (moonlit)' GO ON AN ADVENTURE £75.00 +
- Phlash 'Krypton' The breath of life £130.00 +
- Phlash 'Day of the yeti' Live East £100.00 +