Who is Phil Ashcroft?
Phil Ashcroft aka. Phlash cites British landscape painting, Japanese woodcuts and Marvel comics among his influences. Each are clearly visible in the artist’s output of surreal landscape scenes that display the graphic forms and customary cropping of Japanese woodcut and comic book cells alike.
In line with the his signature ‘Yeti’ motif, Ashcroft has worked on projects for the British Film Institute’s re-release of the classic movie ‘Godzilla’, alongside commissions for Amnesty, Nike and Sony PSP. In 2010 he painted live at Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall as a member of ‘The Scrawl Collective’ as part of the 10th anniversary of independent art initiative, ‘No Soul for Sale’.
In 2014 he was a finalist in the prestigious John Moores Painting Prize, held at The Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool and his first book ‘Solar System Parameters’ was published by Gamma Proforma.
Phil Ashcroft's Artwork
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji Silver foil A/P' If Sold Out +
- Phlash 'Daiichi (3rd Version)' Dive in my son £1,925.00 +
- Phlash 'Cave Painting (Ramsey 5)' Make your wall happy £1,650.00 +
- Phlash 'Five Past Midnight' Life £150.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji Yellow' FLY TO THE MOON £150.00 +
- Phlash 'Oligarth' JOIN THE CIRCUS £25.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti shooting star – (tbc)' EXPLORE THE DEEPEST JUNGLE £200.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji magenta' JOIN THE CIRCUS £200.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji Silver foil' Life Sold Out +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mt fuji Gold foil AP' The breath of life Sold Out +
- Phlash 'Day of the yeti' TAME A WILD ANIMAL £100.00 +
- Phlash 'Krypton' Columbia Road £130.00 +
- Phlash 'Yeti over mount fuji XIII (moonlit)' East End £75.00 +