Who is Torben Giehler?
Abstract painter Torben Giehler has dedicated his career to presenting a distorted and beguillingly-colourful view of space and our surroundings. Born in 1973 in Bad Oeynhausen, Germany, he received training at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts of Boston, USA before returning to Berlin.
Critics have placed Giehler’s work in the context of Concrete Art and the works of early 20th century giants, such as Piet Mondrian. Taking inspiration from Mondrian’s spiritual structures, Giehler then samples the influences of 21st century technology and its digitally generated realities to manipulate natural and man-made landscapes.
Both draftsman and digital-manipulator freehands his scenes, digitally redesigning them into complex pictorial arrangements after he has started the initial painting. He uses this as part of his painting process to help evolve his paintings.
Giehler is treating us to his views of well-known features of the Alps, such as the Matterhorn. Watch this place for the arrival of the Archival Pigment Prints at Nelly Duff.
Torben Giehler's Artwork
- Torben Giehler 'Matterhorn – Hand Finished V' Have a Goosey Gander £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Matterhorn – Hand Finished III' JOIN THE CIRCUS £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Matterhorn – Hand Finished II' Flower Market £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Cervino – Hand Finished III' GO ON AN ADVENTURE £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Cervino Hand Finished I' Follow Your Dreams £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Summit' Live East £495.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Summit – Handfinished' Flower Market £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'EDIT – Hand Finished' TAME A WILD ANIMAL £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'EDIT' JOIN THE CIRCUS £495.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Matterhorn – Handfinished' EXPLORE THE DEEPEST JUNGLE £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Broadpeak' Don't think, feel £395.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Broadpeak – Handfinished' Breathe £895.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'K2' Make your wall happy £495.00 +
- Torben Giehler 'Matterhorn' East End £495.00 +