Who is Aida?
Artist, printmaker, educator and social-warrior, Aida Wilde stands alone as an East London institution in every field she tackles. First and foremost a printmaker and artist, Wilde’s editions seamlessly bridge the gap between heavily graphic political cyphers and fine art editions that push the boundaries of contemporary print techniques, all from her studio in Hackney Wick.
Furthering her reputation as a polymath and passion for the arts, Wilde’s academic career has taken her from Lecturing at LCC to a residency at the Women’s (Art) Library at Goldsmiths University with her project ‘Empowered Printworks’ as part of the Being Human Festival. However, her presence and constant activity in the artistic community in London’s iconic Hackney Wick and Wilde’s established stomping ground has inspired and propagated an artist-led backlash against the rapid gentrification of the Wick. Some of her most famed work includes the curation and project leadership on the Lord Napier project for Hackney Wicked, uniting countless artists to transform the pub into a landmark and homage to Hackney Wick’s vibrant artistic past.
In addition to her tireless campaigning for women’s rights, gentrification and education, Wilde utilises her two decades worth of print experience to create boundary-breaking editions that defy all expectation and masters techniques that most printers are yet to grasp. Wilde’s work has exhibited internationally from Paris to Londons’s V&A museum, and more recently in a joint show with street artist Rowdy in Bristol.
- Aida 'Big Apple' Flower Market £595.00 +
- Aida 'Big Ass Ananas – Orange' JOIN THE CIRCUS £595.00 +
- Aida 'Big Ass Ananas – Pink' The breath of life £595.00 +
- Aida 'Big Ass Ananas – Yellow' Follow Your Dreams £595.00 +
- Aida 'Happily Fucking Ever After' Live East £70.00 +
- Aida 'Une Fraise' East End £595.00 +
- Aida 'Sorrow & Sorrow' Flower Market £345.00 +
- Aida 'The Hopeless Tears of Echo' CLIMB A MOUNTAIN £345.00 +
- Aida 'Two Trick Pony' Well hello beautiful £195.00 +
- Aida 'Fantazma' The breath of life £320.00 +
- Aida 'The Philosophy According to Elliot Waugh – Black & White' Have a Goosey Gander £220.00 +
- Aida 'The Philosophy According to Elliot Waugh – Silver' DREAM OF THE STARS Sold Out +
- Aida 'The Philosophy According to Elliot Waugh – Gold' East End £220.00 +
- Aida 'The Philosophy According to Elliot Waugh – Black' Well hello beautiful £220.00 +
- Aida 'Maji' Dive in my son £250.00 +
- Aida 'Kiss Kat – Gold' Love £95.00 +
- Aida 'Kiss Kat – Black' Follow Your Dreams Sold Out +
- Aida 'Kiss Kat – Magenta' DREAM OF THE STARS Sold Out +
- Aida 'Kiss Kat – Pink' You Are Here £95.00 +
- Aida 'Zevra – Pink' Bow Bells £150.00 +