Who is Aida?
Artist, printmaker, educator and social-warrior, Aida Wilde stands alone as an East London institution in every field she tackles. First and foremost a printmaker and artist, Wilde’s editions seamlessly bridge the gap between heavily graphic political cyphers and fine art editions that push the boundaries of contemporary print techniques, all from her studio in Hackney Wick.
Furthering her reputation as a polymath and passion for the arts, Wilde’s academic career has taken her from Lecturing at LCC to a residency at the Women’s (Art) Library at Goldsmiths University with her project ‘Empowered Printworks’ as part of the Being Human Festival. However, her presence and constant activity in the artistic community in London’s iconic Hackney Wick and Wilde’s established stomping ground has inspired and propagated an artist-led backlash against the rapid gentrification of the Wick. Some of her most famed work includes the curation and project leadership on the Lord Napier project for Hackney Wicked, uniting countless artists to transform the pub into a landmark and homage to Hackney Wick’s vibrant artistic past.
In addition to her tireless campaigning for women’s rights, gentrification and education, Wilde utilises her two decades worth of print experience to create boundary-breaking editions that defy all expectation and masters techniques that most printers are yet to grasp. Wilde’s work has exhibited internationally from Paris to Londons’s V&A museum, and more recently in a joint show with street artist Rowdy in Bristol.
- Aida 'Big Apple' East End £595.00 +
- Aida 'Big Ass Ananas – Orange' Dive in my son £595.00 +
- Aida 'Big Ass Ananas – Pink' Shine Bright £595.00 +
- Aida 'Big Ass Ananas – Yellow' SAIL THE HIGH SEAS £595.00 +
- Aida 'Happily Fucking Ever After' JOIN THE CIRCUS £70.00 +
- Aida 'Une Fraise' If £595.00 +
- Aida 'Sorrow & Sorrow' DREAM OF THE STARS £345.00 +
- Aida 'The Hopeless Tears of Echo' You Are Here £345.00 +
- Aida 'Two Trick Pony' Have a Goosey Gander £195.00 +
- Aida 'Fantazma' East End £320.00 +
- Aida 'The Philosophy According to Elliot Waugh – Black & White' Don't think, feel £220.00 +
- Aida 'The Philosophy According to Elliot Waugh – Silver' Breathe Sold Out +
- Aida 'The Philosophy According to Elliot Waugh – Gold' JOIN THE CIRCUS £220.00 +
- Aida 'The Philosophy According to Elliot Waugh – Black' Well hello beautiful Sold Out +
- Aida 'Maji' Dive in my son £250.00 +
- Aida 'Kiss Kat – Gold' DREAM OF THE STARS Sold Out +
- Aida 'Kiss Kat – Black' Love Sold Out +
- Aida 'Kiss Kat – Magenta' Life Sold Out +
- Aida 'Kiss Kat – Pink' Dive in my son £95.00 +
- Aida 'Zevra – Pink' Live East £150.00 +