Who is Nick Smith?
Glasgow born artist, Nick Smith produces striking versions of iconic artworks, with the exclusive use of colour swatches.
Smith breathes new life into each image; highlighting the vast complexities and subtleties of tone in each historic piece, whilst making a stark commentary on the unforgiving culture of modern digitalisation.
Having had his first solo exhibition in 2015, Nick is continuing year-by-year to grow as an artist and wow us with beautifully matched colour chips to iconic artworks combined with well chosen, often provocative, words.
While the world renowned masterpieces Nick translates are often out of reach for us mere mortals, through witty and incredibly technically proficient giclee screeprints, he modernises and makes accessible iconic works that become modern masterpieces in their own right.
Nick Smith's Artwork
- Nick Smith 'Ourselves Unseen 2017' CLIMB A MOUNTAIN £325.00 +
- Nick Smith 'Capulets Orchard Part 2 A/P' FLY TO THE MOON £495.00 +
- Nick Smith 'Capulets Orchard Part 1 A/P' Well hello beautiful £495.00 +
- Nick Smith 'Van Gogh Mini 2016' Dare to be different £195.00 +
- Nick Smith 'Three Graces 2016' Breathe £275.00 +
- Nick Smith 'Monet Lily Bridge' DREAM OF THE STARS £1,600.00 +